Writing Goals 2018-06-01 Finish First Section

After getting interrupted midstream yesterday, and thus not having nearly as productive a day as I would have liked, I am looking today to have an attainable goal for the sure win.  I was able to develop my opening paragraph but had only just begun to write the first section of the chapter. So, today, my primary goal is to finish that section. My stretch goal will be to finish a second session. My best guess is that I will get about halfway through the second session before we gather together at day's end.

Comments

  1. I actually moved "backward" today, realizing that what I had written yesterday was not direct enough (so the pre-writing discussion directly helped/hurt today). This led me to reexamine my outline for the chapter and realize that I needed to more pointedly structure my chapter around making the several intellectual interventions my data recommend. Thus, I rearranged my outline, (scrapping the structure and much of the content in the opening paragraph) and will need to start this chapter over. So, I lost pages, but I feel like I did move forward as the argument I will be making now is much stronger and much more intelligible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something that is so difficult about the dissertation process--when progress seems like a step back. I'm often filled with an existential dread when I face the prospect of scrapping pages and starting over, but I think you have the right perspective here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Goals 2018-05-30 Finish Entry; Shift to Opening Para

Writing Goals 2018-06-04 Revise and Rewrite Opening